Babsi and The Sunflower
POPI Act Compliance
While we respect your privacy and take the protection of your personal information very seriously, we pride ourselves on delivering the best possible service and experience on our website.
In the event you are under the age of 18, please ensure you have parental/guardian permission prior to using our platforms or providing us with your personal information. Babsi and The Sunflower may not sell liquor to you if you are under the age of 18. Proof of age may be required, at our discretion, at random, or otherwise.
All data processed is done so in a reasonable, adequate, relevant, non-excessive and purpose-specific manner. By registering as a user on our website, your data will be collected and processed in order for us to render our services to you and/or your recipients. You warrant that all data provided is accurate, current, true and correct and does not impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity. Data collected includes, but is not limited to:
- Full name
- Email address/es
- Physical address/es
- Contact number
- Date of birth
- Identification numbers
- Recipient full name
- Recipient email address/es
- Recipient physical address/es
- Recipient contact number
- Recipient date of birth
- Message information
Once accessing any of our platforms, as a registered user or not, Babsi and The Sunflower will process some of your personal information. This may include, but is not limited to:
- The geographic location, as detailed by your location-enabled services from which you accessed our platforms, including your device’s positioning and information about nearby WiFi networks and cell towers.
- Other information from third parties like social media.
Your personal information is collected so we can:
- Identify you
- Verify your identity
- Enter into a contract with you
As a registered user, we also process your information in order to:
- Fulfil our contractual obligations once you place an order for us to deliver and/or process returns
- Provide information regarding our products and services upon request
- Communicate with you to provide information, account queries, customer support, complaint resolution and quality control.
- Send you information about competitions, occasions, reminders, services or products that may interest you (unless you have opted out of receiving such information)
- Receive feedback from you
- Comply with any legal or regulatory obligations
- Undertake research for statistical purposes – which will not include the dissemination of your personal information
We will retain your information for as long as:
- We require it to provide our platforms, products or services to you
- It’s required or permitted by law and is in line with our internal retention policies
- It’s required to uphold a contract between you and us
- You have agreed to us storing your personal information, unless you have requested otherwise
- Necessary to achieve the purpose/s for which this information was collected or processed
By accessing and/or using our platform/s, you consent to us retaining your personal information for no longer than necessary to achieve the purpose/s for which the information was initially collected or processed.
- Create a more user-friendly experience
- Personalise your interactions with our platform/s by tailoring our services and platform/s to your past purchases, interests, needs and browsing history
- Provide relevant advertising by limiting the number of times you see the same advertisement and measure the effectiveness of advertisements on our platforms or other websites, based on your website/app use, content viewed and information we have about you
- Send Opt-in marketing communication if you aren’t a registered user.
You have the right to request that we no longer contact you for the purposes of direct marketing by any form of electronic communication, such as email, SMS or WhatsApp notifications by “opting out” of any direct marketing communications we may send to you.
While your personal information will not be sold to any third parties, for marketing purposes or otherwise, we may provide your personal information to:
- Our employees and/or third party service providers in order to enable them to assist us to interact with you via our platform/s for the ordering of goods or when delivering to you or a recipient on your behalf.
- Law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when necessary or appropriate when investigating potential fraud, intellectual property infringements or any other illegal activities that expose us to legal liability, financial loss, to report or support an investigation into suspected illegal activity.
- Potential purchasers and/or professional advisors in the event of any reorganisation, merger, consolation, sale, joint venture, or other disposition of any/or all of our assets
- Service providers who assist with our business operations. They may only use your personal information in connection with the services they perform and not for their own benefits, and must treat such information as confidential.
- Our suppliers/delivery networks in order for them to liaise directly with you regarding your purchases/deliveries.
Your information is secured by taking appropriate, reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent loss of, damage, unauthorised destruction, unlawful access to or processing of your personal information. In order to achieve this, our policies, controls and related processes are reviewed and updated regularly. This covers but is not limited to:
- Physical, technical and network security
- Access controls and monitoring of access
- Secure storage, destruction and encryption
- Personal information breach, reporting and remediation
- By way of written agreements, imposition of security and confidentiality obligations on third parties who process personal information to render services to us
Under POPIA, you have the right to:
- View, correct and/or amend the personal information we process by navigating to your user account on any of our platforms.
- Requesting record or description of your personal information, at an additional administrative fee. If the request is unfounded, excessive, or repetitive, the request may be refused.
- Request your personal information be corrected, destroyed, or deleted.
- Us complying with your requests upon receipt unless there’s a credible reason as to why we can’t comply.
- Us informing you if we change any of your personal information and if this has an impact on you.
- Notify you of unauthorized access to your personal information.
- Submit a complaint to the information regulator.
When shopping at Babsi and The Sunflower, our checkout uses an order form from which we collect visitor’s contact information (like their email address). Contact information from the order form is used to get in touch with you when necessary. From time to time we may send you promotional information about our company or changes to our website. You may opt-out of receiving future promotional mailings at any time; see the cancel/opt out selection .
Information such as an occasion type (birthday, Mother’s Day, etc.), products purchased, any relevant promotion or discount reference are also collected. The recipient’s name, address and telephone number are also stored in an address book so that you don’t have to re-enter their details when checking out. We also do this so that we can reach out to the recipient to rate their experience with us.
We strive to provide world-class customer service at all times and to ensure that our website and product range continues to meet your needs. In order to assist us with measuring how well we are achieving these goals we may from time to time ask for your feedback in the form of an online survey.
We value any comments, suggestions or feedback you have and invite you to drop us a mail at any time to email@example.com.
Our online surveys may ask for additional contact or demographic information as well as your preferences on certain topics/product categories.
Furthermore, we may ask you for your thoughts and feelings about shopping with Babsi and The Sunflower. Data from our surveys may be used to tailor your visitors’ experience on our site, showing you content that we think you might be interested in, and displaying the content according to your preferences.
We occasionally run contests on our site in which we ask visitors for contact information and/or demographic. Such data will only be used to notify contestants of the winner and send further information about our products and services. You may opt-out of receiving future mailings at any time; see the Opt-out section.
You may also receive surveys from us via WhatsApp.
For any additional queries, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.